|Contoh Expressing Agreement and Disagreement|
Pengertian Expressing agreement and disagreement
The way people agree or disagree in an argument or discussion varies in different languages. A lot here depends on the national cultural and traditional background of the speaker. The English are not as straightforward in expressing their opinion as Russians are, for example. The word which describes the English way of speaking and behaving in the best way is probably the word “reserved”. If you look it up in the dictionary, you’ll find a sentence that says it all: “An Englishman is very reserved, quiet, always discreet” (COLLINS COBUILD ENGLISH LANGUAGE DICTIONARY).
George Mikes in “How to be an Alien” wrote in a humorous way about these typical features of the English, which are reflected in the use of the language: “The English have no soul, they have understatement instead”. Understatement in proposing, according to George Mikes, “takes the form of “I say… would you". If it is an indecent proposal it is "I say… what about…".Cara orang setuju atau tidak setuju dalam sebuah argumen, percakapan atau diskusi bervariasi dalam berbagai bahasa. Hal ini tergantung pada latar belakang budaya dan tradisi nasional pembicara. Orang Inggris tidak mudah mengungkapkan pendapat mereka sebagai Rusia, misalnya.
In agreement and disagreement one should remember about understatement as an important underlying principle of wording what you think.
Agreement and disagreement are types of affirmation and denial in which the expression of JUDGEMENT or OPINION rather than the assertion of FACT is involved. It is all the more necessary not to offend standards of politeness when the other person’s judgement is in question. baca kutipan selengkapnya.
Contoh Expressing Agreement and Disagreement
A. AGREEMENT (kesetujuan)
- I agree (saya setuju)
- I am with you (saya sependapat dengan anda)
- I think so (saya kira begitu)
- It certainly is (saya kira juga)
- That is what I was thinking (itulah yang saya pikirkan/pkirannya saya juga begitu)
- I am of the same opinion (pendapat saya sama)
- I disagree (saya tidak setuju)
- I am not with you (saya tidak sependapat)
- I can agree with (saya tidak dapat menyetujui pendapat anda)
- I can’t be along with you (saya tidak sepaham)
- I wouldn’t say that (saya tidak bias mengatakan begitu)
- I don’t think so (saya kira bukan begitu)
Contoh dialogue Expressing Agreement and DisagreementSimak percakapan singkat meminta persetujuan dan menyatakan setuju dan tidak setuju dalam bahasa Inggris (asking and giving agreement/disagreement) berikut ini
“I couldn’t agree with you more.”
“You’re absolutely right.”
“I agree entirely.”
“I totally agree.”
“I agree with you up to a point, but…”
“That’s quite true, but…”
“I agree with you in principle, but…”
“I’m not sure I agree with you.”
“(I’m afraid) I don’t agree.”
“(I’m afraid) I disagree.”
“(I’m afraid) I can’t agree with you.”
“(I’m afraid) I don’t share your opinion.”
Perlu diingat bahwa saat kita tidak setuju pada seseorang dalam bahasa Inggris kita dapat menyatakan dengan kalimat yang lebih sopan seperti dengan kalimat seperti “I’m afraid…”
“I don’t agree at all.”
“I totally disagree.”
“I couldn’t agree with you less.”
Contoh Lain Expressing Agreement and Disagreement
- The point you made about “…..” is excellent. I’d like to add that…
- I agree with your comment “…”. What do you think about…?
- I’m with you on that point. What I still wonder about is….
- I think what you’re saying about…. is so right. What would happen though if…?
- Yes, and in fact….
- Yes, and what is more…
- Absolutely. Actually, I would go further, and say…
- I agree with……, but what about …….?
- That’s a good point, but in my opinion….
- That could apply in some situations, but what about when….?
- I understand your point about…, but I don’t understand…..
- It’s certainly true that…, but on the other hand….
- I can see that…., but I think it’s also important to consider….
- That makes sense, but could it also be true that….
- I’d agree with you if…., but not if…
- I see what you mean with…, but I also think we need to consider….
- I can appreciate your point about…, but I would disagree because….
- That’s interesting, however, from my point of view….
- That may be the case, but in my experience…..
- I’m afraid I can’t agree with… because …..
- I disagree. What about the situations where…?
- I don’t think that’s the case because ….
- I’m not so sure about that because…
- I don’t think your point about…necessarily follows because…
- I don’t really see it that way because….
Itulah tadi pembahasan kita mengenai persetujuan dan pertidaksetujuan. Pembahasan lain mengenai expression silahkan lihat di